Monday, April 10, 2006

Flowers of flesh

This first poem of her's that I have read, has stunned me.. I always heard of her but never read.. I think she was a great soul.. Its sad that she is not with us anymore but her writings will definitely be there.. alive.. forever...
******************************

On the branches of this earth
Flowers of flesh grow every day.
Everyday they are plucked and shaken off
but one day a flower of flesh will grow
that storms will not shake
that hands will not pluck;
A fragrance will spread far and wide
and usher in an unknown peace.

- Amrita Pritam

2 comments:

How do we know said...

I m not at home right now.. but I promise, the nest set of posts on my blog will be Amrita Pritams in Hindi.. esp for u..

stellar said...

she's my fav one..glad tht you got this..thanks for all the appreciations...